August 18, 2008

Good News

Thank you all so much for responding to our last post. Support has been overwhelming and now we have a few very busy days ahead of us getting everything in order. So far we have been able to buy two bikes for pastors, a new roof for a pastor's house (which we will spend Wednesday building) and a great deal of medication for some of the beggars. We are working on starting up the dwindling chicken farm at the leper colony. Once running the farm will provide much needed income for the colony eliminating the need for begging. We met a single mother of two at the beggar feeding this week. She is trained to repair gas pumps but only lacks the tools so we will be able to provide those for her making her self-sufficient. I realize this is short but we wanted to fill you in quickly on what is in the works. Once we have more down time after these upcoming busy days we will be able to give full accounts of the work done complete with pictures. Thanks again for all your help and enthusiasm!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

How wonderful! You guys have no idea how much you are giving to me as well as the people you encounter in India! My faith and compassion have increased through what you are doing. When I gave my tiny amount of money, I felt fear because I don't have enough for my own bills. But I quoted that scripture aloud to myself: "He who gives to the poor will lack nothing." (Prov. 28:27) Of course the Lord will provide.
I have such a spoiled life compared to that single Mom who has to repair gas pumps to provide for her children! The people there work so hard for their families.
I am so happy about the pastor's new roof and the new bikes! Bless you as you bring hope every day to these people.
Ben's Mom

LeBlonde Princess said...

I am praying for extra encouragement for you guys as your time in Dharmapuri is winding down this week...so much to take in, it must weigh heavily on you emotionally.